Free Time Optional Activities
Choose one of these options. There will be other free time options in addition to these that you do not need to sign up for.
*Please choose one.:
RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
The following is a liability waiver. By signing the waiver, you are waiving your right to sue or otherwise claim that Blackhawk Church is liable for any injuries or other damages the participant might suffer during the EVENT and ACTIVITIES that are a result of an accident, your own intentional acts or your own negligence. The waiver does not release Blackhawk Church from potential liability for injuries or other damages resulting from Blackhawk Church's intentional, negligent or reckless acts. Please read the waiver carefully before signing.
IN CONSIDERATION of access to and participation in [HSM Fall Weekend] (the "EVENT") including but not limited to transportation, physical activity directly or indirectly associated with the EVENT, etc. (the "ACTIVITIES") hosted by Blackhawk Evangelical Free Church (the “host”), at [Lake Geneva Youth Camp], on [October 18-20, 2019], EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED, for himself/herself, his or her personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin:
1. HEREBY WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS that: (i) he or she understands that the particular EVENT and ACTIVITIES which he or she may participate in involve risks (e.g., transportation, physical activity); (ii) he or she understands that there are significant risks associated with participation in the EVENT and ACTIVITIES, including by way of the possibility of serious injury or death; (iii) he or she understands that the EVENT and ACTIVITIES may or may not be supervised by the Host’s employees or agents; (iv) he or she understands that emergency care may not be immediately available if an injury or health situation occurs during the EVENT and ACTIVITIES; and (v) he or she is in sufficient physical condition and is physically able to undertake all acts related to the EVENT and ACTIVITIES; has no disability, impairment or ailment preventing him or her from active or passive exercise, or that will be detrimental to his or her health, safety, comfort or condition if he or she does so engage or participate.
2. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the Host or its Elders, staff, sponsors, directors, officers, agents and employees, all for the purposes herein referred to as “Releasees,” FROM ALL LIABILITY, TO THE UNDERSIGNED, his or her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN DEATH OF THE UNDERSIGNED ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT AND ACTIVITIES, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE (BUT NOT INCLUDING INTENTIONAL OR RECKLESS ACTS OF THE RELEASEES).
3. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST he or she may incur arising out of or related to THE EVENT AND ACTIVITIES WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE (BUT NOT INCLUDING INTENTIONAL OR RECKLESS ACTS OF THE RELEASEES).
4. HEREBY ACCEPTS THE RISK AND ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE arising out of or related to THE EVENT AND ACTIVITIES whether caused by the NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise (BUT NOT INCLUDING INTENTIONAL OR RECKLESS ACTS OF THE RELEASEES), and furthermore acknowledges, pursuant to the recreational activities statute, Wis. Stat. § 895.525, that he or she has a responsibility to act within the limits of his or her ability, to heed all warnings regarding participation in the recreational activity, to maintain control of his or her person and any applicable equipment or devices, and to refrain from acting in any manner that may cause or contribute to death or injury for himself or herself or to other persons.
5. HEREBY acknowledges that prior to signing this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement, he or she had the opportunity to contact a representative of the Host to discuss and/or bargain regarding any of the terms set forth herein.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE (COVERING THE PARTICIPANT AND ANY OTHER LEGAL PARENT/GUARDIAN) TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
typing your name serves as your signature